The mind is everything. What you think you become. ~Buddha
The idea of “what you focus on expands” taps into the concept of the universal law of attraction – “like attracts like”. This is an absolute for those who are practicing positive living.
The ideas, energies, practices that we focus our time, energy, and brain on will grow in our consciousness. And they can be positive or negative; we have to make our own individual choices. By choosing to focus on the positive, gratitude, creative outlets, things that make us happy, we are choosing to expand the positive pathways in our brains and bringing ourselves into a more positive alignment.
Here is the moment of choice – you may be experiencing financial hardship. If all that you can think about is the debt, the hardship, the stress, then you are not thinking on how to actually change your situation. The focus expands into the negative and results in more hardship, worrying, and inaction. For those who are ready to make a different choice, change your focus. Ask for help from friends and/or professionals to make a budget, create a system to reduce your debt, brainstorm new creative and prosperous projects. Taking action and having success even on small steps will reinforce the positive focus and cause it to expand!
Ways to Shift into a Positive Mindset
- Meditation – Meditation allows us to remain in the present and calms the mind.
- Yoga – Yoga can be beneficial for mind and body wellness.
- Remember that laughter is good for your health.
- Avoid Victim Mentality – Take responsibility for situations and realize that they come from a series of choices. Be excited that you can create a more positive life with more positive choices.
- Like attracts Like – This counts for people too! Surround yourself with positive and successful people.
- Gratitude Practice – Implement a daily practice of gratitude, noticing the positives in your life
- Mantras and Affirmations – Notice your language and how you express yourself. Shift to more positive and empowering statements.
- Embrace Enthusiasm.
- Seek Positive Solutions & Positive Reinforcement – small steps lead to big changes, especially with the success of the small steps.
- Action that promotes Positive Thinking – Reprogram your brain to overcome fear.
Where is your focus and how can you make it more positive to transform your life?
Fire Power Seminars offers empowerment seminars that expand positive action and promote positive reinforcement for individuals and teams. For more information, contact Karen at 954.232.4486 or Karen@FirePowerSeminars.com