We all live through changing times, and learning to accept all cycles of life can sometimes be very challenging. I recently lost my beloved dog, Benny, and through his passing was reminded that death is a natural part of the cycle of life.
Dealing with death brings up many emotions, and grieving is a very important part of letting go. As I ponder the mystery of life and death once again, I am reminded that I have a choice to take the time to grieve, feel all emotions and relax as I cry and laugh from the memories of a family member who was a big part of my life.
What we do with our thoughts and emotions as we deal with cycles of life are part of our transformation. We can push our feelings away, ignoring them as we stay busy at work or home, focusing our attention on something else. Or we can choose to stop, breathe and experience transformation by accepting our feelings, facing them and letting go. Any cycle of life can be a gift in the long run, if we allow ourselves to feel our humanness while staying in touch with our authentic self. I share my experience selfishly to help me through my grieving process. Perhaps it will be helpful to you or someone you know:
- Create a safe and loving space (at home or any place in nature that comforts you; the beach, a mountain, a tree, lying in a meadow and staring at clouds, etc.)
- Honor the healing process and take all the time you need to heal your mind and heart
- Relax, no matter what feelings come up
- Share your emotions/feelings with those you love and trust – they will help support and sustain you
- Connect with your “Source” (For me, my source is God, and I believe in the power of prayer for all cycles of life.)
- Release by remembering and cherishing the gifts your loved one provided
In closing, I realize that tomorrow’s freedom is found in today’s surrender. When I let go, I can live fully. From my heart to yours, I wish you positive transformations and many gifts from the cycles of life.